Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday 14 September 2011

Homemade Playdough

Sorry I haven't posted in a while, all my efforts have been redirected towards Grub who been dealing with a bit of a tummy upset, fever, teething etc etc. She has been wanting my full devotion at all waking hours and its my pleasure to give it to her but by the time shes in bed all I want to do is...
absolutely nothing!!!


I have fond memories of playing with the homemade playdough my Mum used to make for me as a kid (mostly eating it than anything else). So much so, I couldn't wait to make some for Grub and start playing with her. I scouted the internet for a playdough recipe I could make out of natural ingredients and which incorporated the use of natural dyes. Quickly I discovered this one and the many other tutorials of awesome play things that minieco have posted. I highly recommend you check it out.


Playdough recipe

½ cup of flour
½ cup of dyed water
¼ cup of salt
½ tbsp cream of tartare
½ tbsp cooking oil

Place all ingredients in a heavy bottom pan and mix well.


Heat mixture on a medium to low flame while stirring continuously.


The mixture will thicken quite quickly. Keep stirring!


Keep stirring!


 When the mixture becomes similar to this consistency, take your pan off the heat.


Scrape out all contents onto a floured surface.


Knead until you get an smooth dough and taa-dah!...


... PLAYDOUGH!!!

Have fun with this easy recipe!


MamaKoo

P.S. I didn't think that the colour I chose to photograph would look so... err... well. I was editing my photos while Mike was eating, he asked me to stop because it was making him feel ill. Oh well!

I had to share the below photos of Grub's first play with playdough, absolutely hilarious!





4 comments:

  1. I really like the yellow color! Ive been meaning to make some play dough for my little fella - might do that tomorrow :) You little girl wasnt quite sure what to make of the playdough - such cute expressions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the yellow too, powdered turmeric makes such a wonderful colour. I just thought it does look quite similar to what I find in nappies at times :)
    Good luck with the play dough!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesomeness! Im so super glad i found your blog.
    X

    ReplyDelete