Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday 26 August 2011

First year

As spring is coming around the corner and we've been experiencing some glorious days. Last year baby Grub was a bit too young to fully absorb her outside surroundings. She LOVED leaves back then and still does.

Baby Grub's first time swimming last year


But this year is all about birds, dogs, grass, textures, sounds and waving a friendly faces.
 
Happy Grub enjoying life

We all had an absolute ball when we went out for a picnic for her first birthday. I made cheesy sticks, broccoli and tomato muffins, chickeny fingers, butter bean and carrot patties and a delicious healthy banana cake, which I took from a mini cake recipe I found here.

Mini cake for a mini lady

Its such a delight to watch your young one take such pleasure in the simplest of things. It really makes you sit back and appreciate life from a different perspective.


I think she likes the wrapping more than what was inside

We ate, played, chased birds, met a beautiful Labrador who tried to demolish our picnic and fed some ducks. Grub had so much fun with her slice of cake, that afterwards I had to strip her down and change her. I think it was her secret plan all along... she loves being a nudist.

Rebel

Nudist behavior

Grub's birthday was not only a day of celebration marking her day of birth, but its also our one year of breast feeding anniversary. In the early weeks I didn't think we would make it this far, having sore crack nipples made me wonder if it was all worth it. We're both very glad I persisted, I can't imagine life without.

1 year: You, me and the boob


Celebrating Grub's first birthday has evoked a strange new feeling, full of emotions. One that is full of pride and humility and joy yet sadness. We made it through our first year generally unharmed! And my little baby is on her way to growing up.

MamaKoo

No comments:

Post a Comment