Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday 28 July 2012

Toddlerhood

In August, Baby Grub is about to enter the world of toddlerhood, officially. She has shown definite  signs of more confidence, wanting more independence and decision making and is testing her boundaries more and more. Yet she still clings to me when there are strangers about.




I remember not too long ago when Grub was an infant I couldn't wait for her to be more interactive, to discover her personality, to take her on discoveries and adventures and to answer all her questions and curiosities. Looking back, I did enjoy the time I had with baby Grub but I feel as though time is moving too quickly and I'm missing the days of holding a sleeping babe in my arms (who doesn't weigh 13kg), touching her soft skin and smelling that sweet, sweet newborn smell. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE who Grub has become. Shes hilarious, kind, generous, loving, silly, creative and at times is on the cutting edge of fashion.



When I look at her now, I try to hold on to those memories, her pure innocence, the sacredness of the love I felt for a helpless being. I feel its especially important to still hold on to that memory when new challenges arise as children move from newborn, to toddler, to child, teenager and beyond. Shes still just as precious as she was when I first held her in my arms on the day she was born.




MamaKoo


Don't you wish life had a pause button or perhaps a rewind function, so you can relive all those fond memories true to their form?

No comments:

Post a Comment