Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday 11 December 2011

Intwinde in matrimony

Tomorrow is Mike and my second wedding anniversary and although our two years have gone really quickly, its also felt like around ten. We've been through joyous occasions and at times our relationship had definitely seen better days. But we've managed to stick together and I think we've learnt a lot about each other during our hardships. Without struggle, a relationship's strength is never truly tested. I pray that our love and friendship can grow and evolve together, becoming stronger as the years go on.

At this time of year I love to reconnect and reflect on our vows that we made to each other. I take our vows very seriously as they are a deceleration and promise we made to one another in front of our family and friends.


I love you.

You are my best friend.

Today I give myself to you in marriage.

I promise to encourage you and inspire you,
to laugh with you and to comfort you in times of sorrow and struggle.

I’ll love you in good times and bad,
when life’s easy and when it’s hard,
when our love is simple and when it’s an effort.

You bring out the best in me, and I promise to cherish you.

These things, I give to you today and all the days of our life!


Photo by Jess White


I love you my darling man, thank you for being a wonderful husband, for listening to me when I have too many things to say, for giving me cuddles when I need them the most, for laughing with me, for taking the courageous journey into parenthood with me, for going into work everyday and for washing the dishes and folding the clothes when I ask you to. You have shown me how to love with humility, to communicate without fear and to accept and love who I am. I cherish you dearly, even though at times it seems that I don't.


MamaKoo

No comments:

Post a Comment